Networking - Listservs
What is a listserv?
HCEA listservs offer the opportunity to communicate with members who share similar interests in different areas of HCEA, including patient education, staff education, and pediatric education. When you join a listserv, you can ask questions, share best practices and evidence-based resources, and receive expert advice in your area of interest.
PipeLine is for pediatric educators
PatEdNet is for patient educators
StaffEdNet is for healthcare educators
How to Navigate Listserv Archives
Download the PowerPoint (3M)
How to use an HCEA listserv:
Below are instructions for how to subscribe, unsubscribe, and access the archives for each listserv. This information is also placed in the footer on each new e-mail to the list.
Follow these directions and use the chart below to learn how to subscribe or unsubscribe to a listerv, send an email, access the listserv's archives, or update your subscription.
To subscribe to a listserv:
1. Send an email to: email@example.com
2. In the email subject line, write "SUB" followed by the listserv's name in all caps and your personal email address
Example subject line: SUB PIPELINE firstname.lastname@example.org
To send an email:
1. Address your email to the listserv's email address - see chart below
To unsubscribe to a listserv:
1. Send an email to the listserv's email address - see chart below
2. In the email subject line, enter "UNS" followed by the listserv's name in all caps and your personal email address
Example subject line: UNS PATEDNET email@example.com
To access the list's archives or to update your subscription: